When you have the courage to shape your life from the essence of who you are, you ignite, becoming truly alive. This requires letting go of everything that is inauthentic. But how can you even know your truth unless you slow down, in your own quiet company? When the inner walls to your soul are graffitied with advertisements, commercials, and the opinions of everyone who has ever known and labeled you, turning inwards requires nothing less than a major clean-up.
Traveling from the known to the unknown requires crossing an abyss of emptiness. We first experience disorientation and confusion. Then if we are willing to cross the abyss in curious and playful wonder, we enter an expansive and untamed country that has its own rhythm. Time melts and thoughts become stories, music, poems, images, ideas. This is the intelligence of the heart. It is here that we uncover our purpose and passion.
From, I Will Not Die and Unlived Life
Are you living your life from the essence of who you are?
Inspired Life Practice: Living From Your Essence
- Give yourself some silent time each day – a minimum of 20 minutes, works for me.
- Ask a question and listen to the response that is revealed in the silence.
- Ask, “What is my next step?”
- Ask, “What would love do here?”
- Ask, “What is the gift in this breakdown I’m experiencing?”
- Take the courageous action of following the wisdom of your essence.
Today’s Power Statement: I cultivate living from my essence by giving myself the gift of silence to listen to the wisdom of my inner knowing.